Thursday 23 January 2014

Merry-go-round

I feel like I'm stuck on a medical merry-go-round and I want to get off!

Yesterday the GP told me to see my dentist about my very sore, dry mouth and throat.

Today I went to see my dentist and he told me to see my doctor.

*HEADDESK*


My dentist was very helpful, noted that I had a bone dry mouth and swollen glands and recommended two treatments, Glandosane (artificial saliva) and Augmentin (an antibiotic) which unfortunately as a dentist he was unable to prescribe.

I went straight up to my GP surgery and was very lucky to get in to see the same doctor I saw yesterday.  She prescribed the drugs and is sending me for blood tests to check for inflammation and check that my iron and B12 levels are OK. I also have an appointment to see an ENT, but I have to wait four weeks for that.

The artificial saliva has helped already, I just hope the antibiotics work because I'd fed up of being ill like this.  I want to live my life, not just sit around waiting for get better, only for something else to knock me flat again :(

No comments:

Post a Comment